Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- China: Dragon fruit prices down slightly compared to previous years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Helien Verhagen, Color2Food - East4Fresh
"Exposure for double niche product"
Wasabi - that is the fiery paste served with sushi, right? This spicy image means people are not quick to want to eat it.
"Wasabi from a tube is not really wasabi", says Helien Verhagen, Managing Director of the Dutch company, East4Fresh - Color2Food. "There is only 5% wasabi root in the tubes. The main ingredient is usually horseradish, supplemented with E-substances." Not something you want to serve with fresh fish, according to East4Fresh - Color2Food. This company specialises in fresh Asian products. In conjunction with Edeka, they have developed the Wasabi Gift box. This novelty has been nominated for the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award 2018.
For more information:
Wasabi is a Japanese tuber that only grows in gravel in running water. This makes it a demanding crop to grow. East4Fresh - Color2Food get their wasabi from a grower in Europe. They receive sufficient quantities to make it an attractive product for the retail sector. "We offer it as a high-quality concept. The wasabi is packaged in a wooden box with a wasabi grater. We are also in the process of developing other kinds of packaging", says Helien. "By offering it to the retail sector, the authentic umami taste sensation is made available to the wider public. Wasabi has a very distinctive flavour and you can readily eat the fresh product. Eating it fresh will not make your nose burn or eyes water."
Visitors to Fruit Logistica are welcome to visit East4Fresh and Color2Food's different stands. Thanks to its nomination the Wasabi Giftbox will, undoubtedly, generate a lot of interest at the trade fair. "This exhibition gives this double niche product very nice exposure. Visitors to Fruit Logistica are more than welcome to come and taste the wasabi at our stands. They will then have a positive experience with eating wasabi", concludes Helien.
Vote and taste at the Innovation Award stand, Stand J between Hall 20-21 and in the City Cube.
Enjoy live cooking Hall 1.2 C-15
East4Fresh - Color2Food
Tel: +31 (0)180 620 201
Fax:+31 (0)877 844 467
GSM: +31 (0)683 244 661
Publication date: 1/23/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: