- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Tunisia: Citrus exports to reach 20,000 tons in season 2017/2018
The export of Maltese oranges to the French market started on Saturday, January 13, with the shipment of 34 containers (760 tons) to the port of Marseille. This operation is undertaken by the Tunisian Shipping Company and a French carrier, making five trips a week.
Other types of citrus fruits (Thomson, Clementine), amounting to 450 tons, have already been exported in recent weeks to Gulf countries such as the United Arab Emirates and Qatar. Some 10 tons of organic oranges have also been exported so far, against nearly 100 tons during the whole of the previous season.
According to an africanmanager.com article, Tunisia’s orange production reached 346,000 tons this season (95,000 tons being Maltese oranges) against 560,000 tons in the past season, i.e. down 38%. The difference is explained by alternating cultivation and the scarcity of water.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-20 Spain: Valencian citrus growers, on alert due to flooding
- 2018-11-20 Peru: Citrus exports to China increased by 51%
- 2018-11-20 State of Tripura focuses on marketing oranges
- 2018-11-20 Citrus brand invests in brand awareness ahead of California season
- 2018-11-20 India: Oranges and opium threaten Rajasthan Chief Minister
- 2018-11-20 Turkish lemon market stable, Spain’s issues create opportunities
- 2018-11-19 "Mediocre quality of Mexican limes as a result of rain"
- 2018-11-19 “Spanish citrus getting more competition from Morocco”
- 2018-11-19 Italy: difficult start for the clementine campaign
- 2018-11-19 "Huge price gap between large and small-sized citrus fruits"
- 2018-11-19 "Availability of large citrus fruits currently low"
- 2018-11-19 Chongming Island: First harvest of high-quality Jinsha oranges
- 2018-11-19 California Citrus Network: Forum to facilitate communication and information exchange"
- 2018-11-19 Record Valencia crop gives southern African citrus exporters a full house of records
- 2018-11-16 Wilmington port welcomes first Moroccan citrus in US of the season
- 2018-11-16 China: Hainan "Qiongzhong green oranges" are ripe and entering the market
- 2018-11-16 Nepal: Orange harvest in eastern Hills up 50 percent
- 2018-11-15 "We are not one of those early starters"
- 2018-11-15 Orange imports increase as domestic juice supply remains squeezed
- 2018-11-15 “New citrus markets hard to find”