Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tunisia: Citrus exports to reach 20,000 tons in season 2017/2018Tunisia’s citrus exports are expected to reach 20,000 tons in the 2017/2018 season, compared with 18,800 tons last season.
The export of Maltese oranges to the French market started on Saturday, January 13, with the shipment of 34 containers (760 tons) to the port of Marseille. This operation is undertaken by the Tunisian Shipping Company and a French carrier, making five trips a week.
Other types of citrus fruits (Thomson, Clementine), amounting to 450 tons, have already been exported in recent weeks to Gulf countries such as the United Arab Emirates and Qatar. Some 10 tons of organic oranges have also been exported so far, against nearly 100 tons during the whole of the previous season.
According to an africanmanager.com article, Tunisia’s orange production reached 346,000 tons this season (95,000 tons being Maltese oranges) against 560,000 tons in the past season, i.e. down 38%. The difference is explained by alternating cultivation and the scarcity of water.
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: