Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
July 11 and 12, Monterey CA
Keynote speakers confirmed for Organic Produce Summit
The president of one of the world's most recognized consumer fresh brands and a thought-provoking best-selling author have been confirmed as keynote presenters at Organic Produce Summit 2018, this coming July in Monterey, CA.
Ed Carolan, President of Campbell Fresh, and Dan Buettner, noted journalist, author, and discoverer of Blue Zones, will be featured speakers at the third annual OPS on July 11-12 at the Monterey Conference Center. Carolan and Buettner will headline an informative and insightful series of educational sessions and networking opportunities at OPS, the only event dedicated exclusivity to bringing together organic fresh produce growers, shippers and processors and retailer and buying organizations.
Campbell Fresh President Ed Carolan
Carolan oversees Campbell Fresh which includes the Bolthouse Farms brand of beverages, dressing and carrots; Plum Organics; Garden Fresh Gourmet brand of soup, salsa, hummus and other dips; and its recent acquisition of Pacific Foods, a leading producer of organic broth and soup. Campbell has approximately $1 billion in annual net sales from fresh products and its portfolio provides nearly 15 billion servings of vegetables annually. The company’s organic portfolio is in the top 10 in the industry and growing at double digits.
Dan Buettner is an explorer, National Geographic Fellow, award-winning journalist and New York Times bestselling author. He discovered the five places in the world – dubbed Blue Zones – where people live the longest, healthiest lives. Buettner now works in partnership with municipal governments, large employers, and health insurance companies to implement Blue Zones Projects, well-being initiatives that apply lessons from the Blue Zones to entire communities by focusing on changes to the local environment, public policy, and social networks.
“We’re thrilled to have two dynamic and engaging leaders in their fields providing OPS attendees with thought provoking and inspiring content which highlights the growth and opportunities related to organic fresh produce,” said Susan Canales, president of OPS. “Both Ed and Dan are very excited about the chance to speak to the producers and sellers of organic fresh produce emphasizing the importance of products that are truly impacting consumer’s lifestyles and eating habits.”
In addition to the pair’s presentations, a Retailer Roundtable featuring three of North America’s largest and most prominent retailers will be included in the Keynote Presentation program of OPS 2018. Additionally, a series of six educational sessions featuring informative and engaging topics and leaders from the organic fresh produce industry are being finalized and will be announced in the coming weeks.
The third annual OPS features a sold-out exhibition that will showcase 130 of North America’s organic fresh produce growers, shippers and processors exhibiting their products to over 200 retailers and buyers. Field tours at several of the nation’s leading organic producers are also available for qualified retailers and wholesalers at OPS.
For more information:
Organic Produce Summit
+1 (831) 884-5058
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: