Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Tahiti lime exports could grow by 75%
Peru exported 5,434 tons of lime in the 2017 campaign, i.e. 36% more than the 4,003 tons it dispatched in the previous season, said the general manager of the Association of Citrus Producers of Peru (ProCitrus), Sergio del Castillo Valderrama.
According to Valderrama, 2,650 tons of the 5,434 tons exported in 2017 corresponded to the Sutil variety, which is 10% more than the 2,410 tons dispatched in the 2016 campaign.
Meanwhile, the Tahiti variety registered the greatest dynamism. Exports of this variety amounted to 2,784 tons in the 2017 campaign, i.e. 75% more than the 1,593 tons sent in the 2016 campaign.
"I think that Tahiti lime exports in this year's campaign will grow at a similar rate to that of 2017 (i.e. 75%) because producers have planted many plants of this variety in recent years, especially in Piura and in Lambayeque, and they are already entering production," he said.
He also said producers had planted more Tahiti lime because in recent years this variety had shown a price recovery caused by Mexico's lower production and export (Mexico is the main supplier of this product to the United States), which encouraged domestic producers to plant it more.
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: