Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Ica exported more than 35,000 tons of avocado
The National Service of Agrarian Health (SENASA) certified that Ica had exported 35,670 tons of avocado in 2017.
The main export destination for Ica's avocado was Europe, with 27,395 tons, i.e. 76.80% of the region's exports.
It was followed by the United States with 5,970 tons (16.74%), the Asian continent (3.45%), Central America (2.25%), and South America (0.77%).
Ica's avocado export campaign begins in February and ends in October. The season starts with the certification of production sites for those farms that are interested in exporting fresh avocados to the US, Chile, China, and Japan.
In the last campaign Ica marketed the Hass, Fuerte, Zutano, Nabal, Ettinger, and Edranol avocado varieties.
The avocado is becoming popular in all hemispheres and has become one of Ica's most important food exports.
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: