Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Ica exported more than 35,000 tons of avocado
The National Service of Agrarian Health (SENASA) certified that Ica had exported 35,670 tons of avocado in 2017.
The main export destination for Ica's avocado was Europe, with 27,395 tons, i.e. 76.80% of the region's exports.
It was followed by the United States with 5,970 tons (16.74%), the Asian continent (3.45%), Central America (2.25%), and South America (0.77%).
Ica's avocado export campaign begins in February and ends in October. The season starts with the certification of production sites for those farms that are interested in exporting fresh avocados to the US, Chile, China, and Japan.
In the last campaign Ica marketed the Hass, Fuerte, Zutano, Nabal, Ettinger, and Edranol avocado varieties.
The avocado is becoming popular in all hemispheres and has become one of Ica's most important food exports.
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: