Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
“Outstanding” BREEAM certification for Kloosterboer Velsen
On December 19th 2017 Kloosterboer Velsen was awarded the highest achievable BREEAM certification for the expansion and adaptation of their existing cold store. The “outstanding” BREEAM certificate makes Kloosterboer Velsen the very first cold store in Europe to achieve this level, the company told us. The 15,000 m2 expansion is about 10% more energy-efficient than comparable projects.
2,500 solar panels were installed on the aluminium roofs for the highest possible efficiency making the expansion energy-neutral. The control system for the freeze units was written in-house and incorporated an important focus on optimisation and energy saving.
The existing halls have also been included in the new control system to ensure an optimal mix of the energy requirements, the supply from the solar panels and the most efficient use of energy from the grid. The entire building is also equipped with LED lighting complete with motion detectors.
A so-called skybox has also been built at a prominent vantage point on the North Sea Canal; a meeting, conference and training room, equipped with high-tech installations such as a heat pump.
According to Kloosterboer’s CEO, Jaco Hooij, Kloosterboer has the ambition to be recognised for its sustainable approach. In addition to the Velsen site, the Kloosterboer Cool Port location has also taken the necessary measures to achieve the "outstanding" certification.
The company has already previously achieved the 3-star "very good” certificate for its expansion at the Maasvlakte in Rotterdam and 4 wind turbines have been placed at the site in Vlissingen.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: