Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Trying to tackle tomato surplus
Jordan and Turkey discuss cooperationLast Tuesday, the Jordanian Minister of Agriculture, Khaled Hneifat, urged Turkey to accelerate its implementation of joint agricultural agreements.
During talks with Turkish ambassador Murat Karagoz, Hneifat said the government penned several accords with Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency (TIKA) to kick off agricultural projects in the Kingdom, to fund agri-product fairs across the country and to launch a dried-tomatoes factory this year at the governorate of Mafraq to handle this vegetable's surplus, triggered by Jordan's land border closure with Syria and Iraq.
Petra.gov.jo reported how Karagoz, for his part, pledged to discuss opening a Turkish gateway for Jordan to export their tomato surplus, which would be a great help for this vital Jordanian sector.
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: