- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Rojo Brillante mutation with larger calibre
Launch of new kaki variety Ernesto
Thanks to the fact that Ernesto reaches commercial sizes earlier, its harvesting can start up to two weeks in advance compared to the Rojo Brillante plantations. It also accepts the usual treatments to advance or delay the harvest, depending on the grower's needs, without any issues. Moreover, it can be stored in chambers without any issues.
Rojo Brillante (left) Vs. Ernesto (right), on 7 November
Mateu Chilet, head of the Department for Development at Genesis Innovation, points out that "Ernesto can be very interesting both for consumers, who will be able to consistently enjoy premium-sized kaki fruits, as well as for producers, who will be able to increase their harvest volumes and avoid having to carry out thinnings, to discard fruit or to get low prices for small calibre fruits. With the Russian market closed and with the tight margins of the latest Rojo Brillante campaigns, any improvement that can be introduced can be a crucial competitive advantage for the growers."
In the technical evaluations carried out over several years, it has been observed that the Ernesto has no seeds and does not pollinate other varieties.
It acquires a very attractive deep red colour when it is ripe and has a firm and fleshy pulp.
Chilet adds that "Ernesto's trees do not need any specific care compared to what producers already do with the Rojo Brillante, so growing this new variety will be very easy for them. Moreover, it works very well both with the usual Lotus and Virginiana patterns and with the grafting on Rojo Brillante trees. In the same way, the pruning guidelines are the same as those recommended for the Rojo Brillante."
Ernesto has joined Maxim (ultra-early, non-astringent variety) in the catalogue of kaki varieties that Genesis Innovation sells exclusively. The number of hectares that will go on sale are limited, according to Chilet, "to avoid oversupply, which is one of the key factors that leads to the depreciation of the product."
There are already plants available for this season. For more information and to make reservations, you can contact the Genesis Innovation Group team via www.genesisinnovationgroup.es or by calling +34 963 46 49 15 and +34 659 104 997.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/12/2018 PapaMango, the Sicilian mango
- 10/12/2018 Bali: Ready to export dragon fruits
- 10/11/2018 ‘Avo prices have hit their peak, supply continues to skyrocket’
- 10/11/2018 Greece: “Our aim is to double our kiwi capacity”
- 10/10/2018 Turkey: Grower in Antalya switches from tomato and pepper to dragon fruit
- 10/10/2018 Vietnamese farmers victims of dragon fruit price drop
- 10/10/2018 Mexico: Mango exports to the US decline due to the rains
- 10/10/2018 Which demographics differentiate Hispanic avocado shoppers from Non-Hispanics?
- 10/09/2018 Chapaya - palm fruit with a meaty edge
- 10/09/2018 AU: Papaya growers experiencing record crop this spring
- 10/08/2018 Vietnam’s Central Highlands encouraged to expand avocado farming
- 10/05/2018 "Currently not much money to be made with pineapples and limes"
- 10/05/2018 Colombia: Hass avocados, Limes, and pineapples for Peru
- 10/05/2018 Thailand: New Zealand avocado season takes off
- 10/05/2018 Avanza to debut in China
- 10/04/2018 "We were able to develop this traceability system thanks to our background as a mango grower in Australia"
- 10/04/2018 Overview of avocado pricing in the US
- 10/04/2018 “Mango market could be headed for a good end of the year”
- 10/04/2018 Andalusian organic mangoes sold at Auchan
- 10/04/2018 Promotion of green shelled Dominican avocados