Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
DLB Packaging company buys new machine:
"Packing blueberries mechanically ensures better quality"
This week, Dutch packaging company DLB brought a new blueberry packaging line into use. With this, they are now capable of packaging 600 kg of berries per hour. The packaging line consists of two sorting units and an automated filling unit. Products are quality sorted using imaging and laser technology.
The company, previously known as Overbeek Logistiek BV, has been part of the DLB group since 2001. It has more than 15 years of experience in the packaging and repackaging of fruit and vegetables. Willem-Jan Kwisthout, who works at DLB, says: "The packaging used to be done by hand. This new line not only packages the fruit but also better sorts the product based on quality. With the packaging line's two sorting units enables us to offer our clients better service. We can also be more competitive. The mechanical packaging of the blueberries benefits their quality and costs are also lower. An added advantage is that we can also pack cranberries with this line. We have all the different kinds of common kinds of packaging. We offer a service to those who need to process bulk amounts."
The different kinds of packaging
"Since blueberries are seen as a healthy product, their consumption has increased. This has resulted in an increased demand for the sorting and packaging of these berries. This is why we purchased this machine. We expect this growth to continue. Sustainability plays an increasingly important part in every company. There is a growing demand for top-seal containers. We see a lot of these types of containers in Dutch supermarkets. Our most popular product is still the 12x 125g trays, but this will change in the future."
DLB want to distinguish themselves by being able to package all kinds of soft fruit for their clients. "Our clients often offer the whole range of soft fruit, such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, red currants and strawberries. We also package stone fruit like plums, cherries and grapes. We can sort and package all these kinds of products for our clients. We, therefore, offer a complete service. We hope to generate more work in the packaging of blueberries for exiting and new clients with this machine. We want to stand at the ready for growers to be able to package their fruit; not just in the import season, but also during the Dutch season", concludes Willem-Jan.
For more information:
DLB Inpakbedrijf BV
T: +31 (0) 765 232 804
M: + 31 (0) 630 645 389
Publication date: 1/17/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: