Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Electronic dispenser creates sexual confusion for codling moths
Biogard introduces the new Shin-Etsu Isomate CM Mister 1.0 aerosol formulation free from fluorinated greenhouse gases to control codling moths (Cydia pomonella).
In some conditions (size of the area to treat, insect pressure), the aerosol technology enables the application of two/three dispensers per hectare and achieves the same level of efficiency of manual dispensers, meaning application operations are easier to manage.
The product is made up of a can containing the formulation (i.e. the pheromone), propellant and solvent as well as of the new disposable automatic pre-programmed Mister Plus emitter.
"Unlike manual dispensers, which are characterised by passive emission related to average temperatures and average wind speed, aerosol systems are characterised by active emission, i.e. generated by the electronic device that releases the formulation according to preset parameters. These include: activation day, emission start/end, number of hourly emissions. In addition, Mister Plus is equipped with a temperature sensor so that it does not activate when the temperature is below the vital parameters of the target insect," explain Massimo Benussi, Fabio Fiorentini and Mauro Piergiacomi.
The system works better on wide areas of at least 10-15 hectares. In an area gathering many small producers, aggregation might be a solution. In order to guarantee the maximum reliability, Mister Plus is disposable and must be replaced each season.
All parts can be disassembled easily and disposed of according to their nature.
"Once technicians place the can, they can decide when they want the device to activate. The options are: midnight on the day of assembly, 2 days, 2 weeks or 6 weeks later. This function can be useful for large businesses and cooperatives, as it enables them to prepare all aerosols in time and install them later on.
Isomate Cm Mister 1.0 must be placed above the foliage or secured to supporting poles.
Advantages include: drastic reduction of the number of dispensers needed per ha, quick installation, 170-day supply and low environmental impact.
Area tecnica Biogard
Via Calcinaro 2085/int.7
47522 Cesena (FC)
Tel.: (+39) 0547 630336
Publication date: 1/17/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: