Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sun&Vegs presents new line of microgreens with a Mediterranean touch
Sun&Vegs, a brand specialized in fresh and healthy produce will present its latest innovations at this year's Fruit Logistica come February. Besides its traditional agricultural selection, well-known for its its Mediterranean accent, the brand will present microgreens, early vegetable shoots which are marketed "live".
"We're talking about a product which is gaining increasing visibility in international cuisine due to its distinctive smell, flavour and colour, moreover it holds a high concentration of nutritional properties. Sun&Vegs' microgreens will be presented in four different varieties, each one with its own characteristic colour and flavour: broccoli, mustard, radish and kale," representatives of the company told.
"To guarantee the maximum freshness and quality of these microgreens, our brand has developed an innovative type of packaging, with a substrate base, which allows the product to be marketed "live", therefore lengthening its shelf life and easing its consumption."
The cultivation of these microgreens by Sun&Vegs is part of the development that the company is carrying out at its Agronomic Innovation Centre (CIAM) in Montserrat (Valencia), the main aim of these facilities is to investigate cultivation processes and methods which are efficient and sustainable, as well as trialing the latest agricultural varieties in modern day food trends, such as baby lettuce (sprouts), or the very microgreens themselves.
The brand will be present at the Fruit Logistic fair: Hall 8.2, Stand A-03
For more information:
Mob: +34 608 307 402
Publication date: 1/17/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: