Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Chinese man hides drugs in orange
A man has been arrested for trying to send drugs across China hidden in a batch of oranges. The courier transporting the fruit became suspicious when the sender kept ringing to check where the batch of seven oranges was, during delivery.
The courier checked the fruit and found a small cut in one, with a sachet of methamphetamine pushed inside. The suspect tried to send the fruit from Chengdu in Sichuan province to Hainan island.
He bought 1 kg of fruit and practised making small incisions to hide the drugs. Scmp.com reports Chinese police saying there was 0.55 grams of drugs in one of the fruits.
Publication date: 1/17/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: