Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Euro Pool System's banana tray wins the 2018 Pro-K award in Germany
The Pro-K award is a unique initiative from the German plastic industry, established since 1979, to encourage designers to send in new innovations exclusively made from plastic. The banana tray has been developed in close cooperation with Bekuplast and Euro Pool System.
The Euro Pool System team proudly show the Pro K Award they collected last Thursday in Frankfurt. (from left to right) Kurt Jäger (regional director Central Europe); Arthur van de Knaap (project engineer); Bartolomé Saro (regional director Southern Europe)
The jury highly valued the “practical protective characteristics of the Euro Pool System banana tray and the smart sliding system which safeguards the product while the trays are being stacked”.
The banana tray is the latest edition of the EPS tray portfolio and offers protection to the bananas with a smooth inner surface and improved sliding system. The strong outer frame and stacking characteristics make it ideal for fully automated order-picking-systems, the jury told.
It is the first tray with the same flexible properties as cardboard packaging, but folding and reusable. The tray is composed of poly ethylene (PE), partly polyamide with reinforced glass fibre (PA-GF). Reusable and folding trays have become the standard in the chain for fresh and packaged food.
For more information:
Annemieke van der Heijde-ter
Euro Pool System
Tel: +31 (0)70 301 41 41
Publication date: 1/17/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: