Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Emergency decree to buy surplus of white potatoes
The Emergency Decree (DU) No. 001-2018 that empowers the Regional Governments (GORES) of Apurimac, Ayacucho, Huancavelica, Junin and Huanuco to buy up to S/1.5 million of the surplus of white potatoes was published in the official newspaper El Peruano on Sunday, January 14.
The decree states that each Regional Government may contract with producers and organizations "the acquisition of white potatoes to contribute in the attention of social and / or assistance programs conducted through public and / or private entities without profit."
The GORES will determine the purchase price of the potato, "according to its respective cost structure."
This decree will be valid up until February 28, 2018 and, according to Article 3, the Regional Governments will be responsible for compliance and monitoring of the provisions.
They also have fifteen working days, once the validity of the DU ends, to communicate to the Office of the Comptroller General of the Republic what purchases were made and what were their final destination. All this information should also be published on their websites.
Finally, the decree also states that the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation shall approve, through a ministerial resolution, the guidelines for the respective implementation of the decree within a period of no more than five working days after the Emergency Decree enters into force.
Last Wednesday, January 10, the issuance of this regulation was established, which will allow small producers in these regions to sell the tuber, at a meeting that Minister Jose Arista had with regional governors, congressmen, and producer organizations. The measure allowed the lifting of a strike in those regions. In addition, the parties involved also agreed to the installation of a Technical Table between potato producers, Minagri, and regional governments in Lima on January 17.
Publication date: 1/17/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: