Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenyan farmers to be assisted with exporting produceGovernor Lee Kinyanjui of Nakuru County has promised that the county will help farmers in exporting their products to the markets. His administration will also seek markets for the farmers’ products in East and Central Africa.
Governor Kinyanjui said his government is committed to ensure the cultivated vegetables -carrot, avocado, plum, potato and other- will earn the farmers more money.
“Residents should abandon subsistence farming and venture into higher value export markets. We will start a program to export the products for farmers for them to earn more from their production,” he stated, as reported by hivisasa.com. Last Saturday, Kinyanjui was speaking at the Nakuru Agriculture Show grounds when he met agricultural experts from the nine sub-counties.
Publication date: 1/17/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: