Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vegetable exports from Ghana resume after improvements to phytosanitary systemCABI, an international not-for-profit organization that improves people’s lives by providing information and applying scientific expertise to solve problems in agriculture and the environment, has been working on a €1.8 million project –part co-funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the private sector– to improve Ghana’s phyosanitary systems.
The success of this project means that vegetable exports worth $15 million a year are continuing once again after the lifting of a ban imposed in 2015 by the Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety of the European Commission.
As reported by modernghana.com, the lifting of the suspension, imposed due to concerns about the management of four quarantine pests (including false codling moth, whitefly, thrips and fruit fly) means Ghana is once more exporting chili peppers, bottle gourds, luffa gourds, bitter gourds and eggplants to Europe.
Publication date: 1/17/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: