- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
- ''Tropical fruit and mango season do not overlap too much''
- Spain: Fresón de Palos has almost completed the planting season
- The Calinda strawberry launches at Fruit Attraction 2018
- Kazakhstan bans import of 20 tons of Kyrgyzstan grapes
- UK regulator: Sainsbury's-Asda probe will include Aldi, Lidl and Amazon
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- ‘Perfect storm’ of weather and Brexit could have devastating effect on leek industry
- Ireland: Woman who claimed slipping on grape faces legal fees
- "The fair's schedule will allow us to work and develop our winter programs"
- UK potato harvesting sees patchy progress
- Wonderful pistachios to debut new flavors at PMA
EC to promote European foods in new markets
This is a call for producer organizations and industry associations, which have until 12 April to send their proposals to the EC, which will announce the beneficiaries next autumn.
The Commissioner of Agriculture and Rural Development, Phil Hogan, said in a statement that, after several visits abroad, he has verified "the interest of consumers and businesses around the world for the agro-food products of the EU" and highlighted the importance of these programs.
This year, the programs will receive 27 million Euro of European funding more than last year, when 142 million were allocated for the same purpose.
Two thirds of the available funds are reserved for the promotion of EU food products in third countries, in particular "those where there is a greater possibility of increasing agro-food exports," such as Canada, Japan, China, Mexico and Colombia, says the EC.
In the case of internal EU programs, the focus will be on informing consumers about the different quality schemes and labels, such as geographical indications or organic products.
The EC specifies that sectoral funding will be allocated to programs that promote sustainable farming, especially of sheep and goats, and that funds have been set aside for campaigns to promote healthy eating and the consumption of fruits and vegetables.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 Egypt: Wastewater treatment plants to irrigate plantations in Sinai
- 10/17/2018 Peru uses less than 10% of the land that is suitable for agriculture
- 10/17/2018 India: APM Terminals resumes operations at Nava Sheva freight station
- 10/17/2018 €172 million to promote EU agri-food products in and outside the EU
- 10/17/2018 British Growers welcomes announcement on Produce Organisations
- 10/17/2018 USDA cites Unified Ltd., d/b/a Pan American Banana in California for PACA violations
- 10/17/2018 Aussie billionaire Anthony Pratt calls for scrapping backpacker tax
- 10/16/2018 Jordan-Syria: Long awaited border opening will boost economies
- 10/16/2018 Saudi currency at weakest level for two years
- 10/16/2018 Cairo to Sao Paulo: 21% increase in exports - 14% in imports
- 10/16/2018 Farmers maintaining high productivity despite dry spells
- 10/16/2018 Chile and Brazil move forward in negotiations for new Free Trade Agreement
- 10/15/2018 Defra commits to financial support for British producer organisations
- 10/15/2018 USDA issues complaint against John P. McGraw for alleged violations of the Packers and Stockyards Act
- 10/12/2018 Canada: P.E.I. farmers able to apply for frost damage assistance
- 10/12/2018 Serbia: 43 people arrested for illegal exports to Russia
- 10/12/2018 Morocco: Agricultural sector accounts for 77% of exports to Russia
- 10/12/2018 South Africa's Labour Department to invest R800 mln in agriculture
- 10/12/2018 “No cash, no bread, no KFC”
- 10/11/2018 Poland: Drought subsidies made available for farmers