- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Argentina: Blueberry consumption increases by 250%
- Nigeria: Introducing re-usable plastic crates for vegetables in 2019
- SEPC is asking members to help hurricane Florence victims
- Portuguese fruit and vegetable producers want to achieve €500 million in exports to Spain by 2019
- “Expansion in Spanish bell pepper and aubergine, loose tomatoes suffer”
Top 5 -last week
EC to promote European foods in new markets
This is a call for producer organizations and industry associations, which have until 12 April to send their proposals to the EC, which will announce the beneficiaries next autumn.
The Commissioner of Agriculture and Rural Development, Phil Hogan, said in a statement that, after several visits abroad, he has verified "the interest of consumers and businesses around the world for the agro-food products of the EU" and highlighted the importance of these programs.
This year, the programs will receive 27 million Euro of European funding more than last year, when 142 million were allocated for the same purpose.
Two thirds of the available funds are reserved for the promotion of EU food products in third countries, in particular "those where there is a greater possibility of increasing agro-food exports," such as Canada, Japan, China, Mexico and Colombia, says the EC.
In the case of internal EU programs, the focus will be on informing consumers about the different quality schemes and labels, such as geographical indications or organic products.
The EC specifies that sectoral funding will be allocated to programs that promote sustainable farming, especially of sheep and goats, and that funds have been set aside for campaigns to promote healthy eating and the consumption of fruits and vegetables.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-20 UK: Big chains raise prices at their smaller branches
- 2018-11-20 "We have reached an agreement to end the strike, producers will accept market prices"
- 2018-11-20 Philippine Chamber of Commerce seeks support for agriculture
- 2018-11-20 Commissioner Black testifies to International Trade Commission on NAFTA 2.0 concerns
- 2018-11-20 US farmers seek more temporary H-2A workers
- 2018-11-20 EU ministers back 'fair' Brexit deal with UK
- 2018-11-19 Australian Pacific Labour Scheme expansion welcomed by farmers
- 2018-11-19 APHIS issues final environmental impact statement for National Fruit Fly Cooperative Control Program
- 2018-11-16 "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best"
- 2018-11-16 Canadian grocers & innovators want to save $31 billion in food from being dumped each year
- 2018-11-16 Opposition questions government relationship with Cavendish Farms
- 2018-11-16 ‘No workers, no fruit and veg’
- 2018-11-16 Brexit: May falters and the pound takes a hit
- 2018-11-16 Relationship between MPI and US facility now heading in the right direction
- 2018-11-16 European Union decides on binding CO2 reduction targets for trucks
- 2018-11-16 Committee gives green light for Constitutional amendment on land reform
- 2018-11-16 Agri SA blasts recommendation to amend Constitution
- 2018-11-15 US: Psyllid infestation found near Visalia
- 2018-11-15 British cabinet agrees on interim Brexit deal
- 2018-11-15 European Commission makes €191 million available to promote agri-food products