- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Onion exports from Azerbaijan show big increases
This year the export of onions from Azerbaijan increased exponentially, while imports dropped dramatically. Deputy Minister of Economy Sahil Babayev told Azernews that the ever increasing global competitiveness on the onion markets has enabled Azerbaijan to successfully export to foreign markets.
Russia is the main recipient of the Azerbaijani onion, with 61 percent. It is followed by Turkmenistan and Iraq. Currently, a ton of bulb onions will domestically go on the wholesale market for about $ 160. When exported, the average price is $ 310 per ton.
There are certainly opportunity for exporting Azerbaijani onions. Pricing is for example: Georgia ($ 431/ton), Saudi Arabia ($ 420/ton), Russia ($ 408/ton), Kuwait ($ 365/ton), Bahrain ($ 313/ton).
In 2013, 158,000 tons of onions were delivered, while production in 2016 reached 178,000 tons. Productivity was 15 tons per hectare.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-21 Solid, but fewer, shipments of Peruvian sweet onions
- 2018-11-21 Syrian government bans export of potatoes until January 2019
- 2018-11-21 Onions US - Q3 Overview for 2018
- 2018-11-21 Turkey: Potato growers in Ahlat, Bitlis delighted with the crop this season
- 2018-11-20 Multiple tractor trailers collide on Massachusetts Turnpike
- 2018-11-20 Italy: Good market for potatoes
- 2018-11-20 "Some Polish farmers delay selling their onions, hoping for an even higher price"
- 2018-11-19 Canada: P.E.I. anticipating pay-outs for poor potato harvest
- 2018-11-19 The hottest “toast” of the town
- 2018-11-19 Prices rising dramatically on strained onion market
- 2018-11-19 North Carolina sweet potato growers finish challenging harvest
- 2018-11-19 India: Bengal government bans import of seed potato
- 2018-11-19 New potato from Maine on New England supermarket shelves
- 2018-11-19 Upper East Ghana tomato farmers switch to onions
- 2018-11-19 Indian traders fear onion price hike
- 2018-11-16 Peru: Researchers developing potatoes resistant to disease and climate change
- 2018-11-16 North Carolina sweet potato grower promotes personnel
- 2018-11-16 US Onion Market and Crop Update for November 15, 2018
- 2018-11-16 Cyprus potato prices sky-rocketing due to shortages
- 2018-11-16 Potato variety Cold River Gold now available for consumers