Job offersmore »
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Onion exports from Azerbaijan show big increasesAzerbaijan is working on plans to gradually replace foreign imports with domestic production and increase the competitiveness of local production. In 2017, onion exports amounted to $ 14.9 million, mainly directed at Russia, Iraq, Turkmenistan and Georgia.
This year the export of onions from Azerbaijan increased exponentially, while imports dropped dramatically. Deputy Minister of Economy Sahil Babayev told Azernews that the ever increasing global competitiveness on the onion markets has enabled Azerbaijan to successfully export to foreign markets.
Russia is the main recipient of the Azerbaijani onion, with 61 percent. It is followed by Turkmenistan and Iraq. Currently, a ton of bulb onions will domestically go on the wholesale market for about $ 160. When exported, the average price is $ 310 per ton.
There are certainly opportunity for exporting Azerbaijani onions. Pricing is for example: Georgia ($ 431/ton), Saudi Arabia ($ 420/ton), Russia ($ 408/ton), Kuwait ($ 365/ton), Bahrain ($ 313/ton).
In 2013, 158,000 tons of onions were delivered, while production in 2016 reached 178,000 tons. Productivity was 15 tons per hectare.
Publication date: 1/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: