- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- China: Price differential between domestic and imported fruit shrinking
- Tomatoes NZ agroecology projects hoping to reduce the need for pest-reducing chemicals
- Syria: Souq al-Hal market starts to thrive again
- Center for Growing Talent’s mentors, mentees to meet at Fresh Summit
- FruitMasters wins award at Disney Licensing Showcase
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Israel: “Higher prices due to high quality and demand”
- Which demographics differentiate Hispanic avocado shoppers from Non-Hispanics?
- Nonprofit certification and skill-building organization elects new chair and vice-chair
- Growing focus on red grapes in Namibia
- Spain: Valencia's citrus sector almost paralyzed
Metro AG’s Q1 sales rise 0.8%
Lenta completes 2017 expansion plan: 89 new stores
Irish shoppers spent an extra €90mln on groceries over the festive period, according to the latest figures from Kantar Worldpanel. The figures, which cover the period for the 12 weeks ending December 31st, 2017, show the households spent a record €1,532 on groceries – an increase of €38 compared to last year. Dunnes Stores remained the top Irish supermarket with a market share of 23%.
South Africa: Woolworths group sales up 2.5% in first 26 weeks of 2018 FY
Retailer Woolworths Holdings Limited said group sales for the first 26 weeks of the 2018 financial year increased by 2.5% over the previous period. The company said in South Africa, Woolworths Fashion, Beauty and Home sales decreased by 0.2%, with comparable store sales 3.4% lower, while Woolworths Food sales increased by a market-leading 9.4%, against a 5.3% rise in comparable store sales.
Russia: Lenta completes 2017 expansion plan with 89 new stores
Russian retailer Lenta has confirmed that it opened 40 new hypermarkets and 49 new supermarkets across the country in 2017, as part of its ongoing expansion plans. These new openings saw the retail group increase its selling space by 20.6%, bringing its total store network to 231 hypermarkets and 97 supermarkets by the end of the year.
2018 has been launched in Aldi Denmark! Here is the first of many reopenings with the new framework in Aldi Stege. Next Aldi store responsible for photo shoot is Nykøbing F.
China: JD.com invests in Vietnam's Tiki.vn
Chinese online retailer JD.com Inc has made an investment in Vietnamese e-commerce firm Tiki.vn, expanding its Southeast Asia business amid growing competition in the region from Alibaba Group Holding Ltd and Amazon.com Inc. JD.com co-led the financing with Vietnamese entertainment and social media firm VNG Corp, which is an existing investor, China’s second-biggest e-commerce firm behind Alibaba said in a statement.
UK: Iceland supermarket chain aims to be plastic free by 2023
Supermarket chain Iceland has said it will eliminate or drastically reduce plastic packaging of all its own-label products by the end of 2023. Iceland says the move will affect more than a thousand own-label products. New ranges will be packaged using a paper-based tray, rather than plastic.
Kenya: Former Nakumatt employees team up to start supermarket
Seven former Nakumatt employees have teamed up to establish a supermarket in Kondele, Kisumu. Lemigo Holdings Superstore is set to open its doors later this month in the lakeside city, three months after Nakumatt Mega Plaza closed, rendering hundreds of employees jobless.
Germany: Metro AG’s first quarter sales rise 0.8%
German retail conglomerate Metro AG has posted a 0.8% increase in sales in the first quarter of its 2017/18 financial year, posting preliminary sales of €10.1bln for the period. Reported sales growth was 0.2%, despite ‘significant negative currency effects’, the group said. Growth in local currency was +1.5%.
US: Analysts confirm produce woes and stock issues at Whole Foods stores
Barclays analysts reported finding "entirely empty" shelves and deteriorating produce at two Whole Foods Market stores last week, one in the Midwest and one on the East Coast, according to Business Insider. In a note to investors, they noted out-of-stock issues "in every department of one Midwest store across both private-label items and branded items," Business Insider reported.
US: Symphony Retail Ai IDs key grocery reinvention trends
Symphony Retail Ai, a Dallas-based global provider of artificial intelligence (AI)-enabled decision platforms, solutions and customer-centric insights, has uncovered key trends driving unprecedented and rapid changes in the grocery sector in its “Supermarket 2020” findings and recommendations. The findings spotlight the market forces leading to radical disruption in supermarkets, as well as how grocers can reimagine their stores in response to consumer trends.
US: Fairway prepping line-free checkout app
Fairway Market has chosen FutureProof Retail, a New York-based provider of line-free checkout, to power the upscale grocer’s next-generation mobile app. The app’s technology will enable shopppers to scan and pay for items on their phones, thereby avoiding the checkout line. “Customers already know Fairway’s unique ability to carry the best foods that can’t be found anywhere else,” noted FutureProof CEO Will Hogben. “Now, with line-free checkout, Fairway is adding the unique gift of convenience! A shopping experience found only at Fairway.”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 12 supermarkets and hypermarkets operated by the Quattrucci family join the Casino Group
- 10/16/2018 Albertsons: For 3rd consecutive quarter ID sales grow while ecommerce soars
- 10/15/2018 Aldi and Dachser: UK and Irish partnership extended with 5-year deal
- 10/15/2018 Amazon: $80mln distribution center
- 10/12/2018 Asda: EAS refresh continues with Tyco Retail Solutions
- 10/12/2018 7-Eleven joins forces with foodora for convenient Canadian delivery
- 10/11/2018 ICA: September sales figures
- 10/11/2018 Meijer: sustainability moves awarded as both supplier and carrier
- 10/10/2018 Carrefour has acquired Planeta Huerto
- 10/10/2018 7-Eleven: 1st location at Texas Motor Speedway
- 10/09/2018 Vietnamese supermarket chain acquired by Vingroup retail arm
- 10/09/2018 Target: new private label
- 10/08/2018 Casino Group: new ‘Le 4 Casino’ concept store in Paris
- 10/08/2018 Costco: Q4 income rises
- 10/05/2018 Alibaba and Kroger ally to deliver China’s groceries
- 10/05/2018 Walmart selects Nielsen Brandbank for connected content partner program
- 10/04/2018 Albert Heijn: new service for post-vacation customers
- 10/04/2018 Kroger to trial grocery pick-up program at Walgreens stores
- 10/03/2018 Tesco: 11th consecutive quarter of rising sales
- 10/03/2018 World’s first robotic supermarket launched