- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
JD’s latest step to transform e-commerce market in Southeast Asia
JD.com invests in Tiki, Vietnam’s leading B2C E-commerce platform
JD.com, China’s largest retailer, has gained another foothold in Southeast Asia with its strategic investment in Tiki, Vietnam’s leading B2C e-commerce platform. JD has signed the share subscription agreement as co-lead investor in Tiki’s recent Series C round of financing. Closing of the Series C round is subject to satisfaction of customary closing conditions. Upon completion of this investment, JD.com will become one of Tiki’s largest shareholders.
JD will partner with Tiki in a range of areas including merchandising, cross-border trade, logistics and fulfilment, technology, financing, and operational capabilities. JD already has an established e-commerce platform in Indonesia, and recently partnered with Thai conglomerate Central Group to enter Thailand. With its investment in Tiki, JD adds Vietnam to its growing Southeast Asia presence.
“We are very excited to continue our Southeast Asia expansion with Tiki, a company that has a deep understanding of Vietnam and a reputation for outstanding customer service,” said Winston Cheng, President of International at JD.com. “With JD’s expertise in leveraging social media for e-commerce, Tiki’s partnership with VNG in social network and mobile payments is a natural fit as we aim to provide differentiated services to suppliers and consumers in Vietnam. We look forward to working with Tiki to deliver a truly world class e-commerce experience to Vietnamese consumers.”
"We are delighted to partner with JD.com, China's most trusted online retailer, as we enter a new phase of growth," said Son Tran, Tiki's Founder and CEO. "JD and Tiki share the same business philosophy: to win market share by winning consumers' heart. Since inception, Tiki has always focused on best-in-class, authentic shopping experience and amazingly fast delivery. We believe JD.com, with its proven track record in superior user experience, procurement, logistics, and technology will be an invaluable asset for Tiki as we work to become Vietnam's top e-commerce platform."
Tiki and JD will cooperate to deliver a wider authentic selection from global brands to consumers, while helping Vietnamese local brands in expanding internationally via JD’s global platform.
Over the past seven years, Tiki has consistently grown by triple-digits annually, triple the industry average. Tiki’s vision is to become Vietnam’s largest and most trusted full category e-commerce platform.
JD launched its Indonesia business in 2015 and formed its joint venture with Central Group in Thailand in 2017.
Read more from JD.com on our Corporate Blog.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 AgroFresh showcases IoT platform for produce freshness
- 10/18/2018 Afresh Technologies uses AI to optimize fresh food stocking
- 10/17/2018 New data loggers introduced at PMA
- 10/16/2018 Dutch fresh produce company hot on Instagram
- 10/09/2018 Port of Dover: Sanderson Group IT solutions chosen for new Refrigerated Cargo Terminal
- 10/09/2018 App prevents heat illness for farm workers
- 10/08/2018 New digital marketing service
- 10/08/2018 Ukraine: Using Bitcoin to pay for carrots and tomatoes in Kiev market
- 10/04/2018 Compac's new sizer simulator aims to improve productivity of packhouses
- 09/28/2018 FlashLink In-Transit Real-Time Mini Logger showcased at WOP Dubai
- 09/27/2018 Software package calculates nutritional value based on recipes
- 09/14/2018 CT Tecnova, wins prize for technological innovation
- 09/06/2018 Iowa based grower transitions to new software
- 09/05/2018 The rise of blockchain technology in agriculture
- 08/29/2018 China: Origin tracing boosts kiwifruit trade
- 08/22/2018 Naturipe teams up with SAP in blockchain initiative
- 08/15/2018 Solution to the headaches caused by IT in the food sector
- 08/08/2018 Prophet keeps track of complexities within fresh produce supply chain
- 08/06/2018 "AU: Digital market "Phoenicia" aims to create greater transparency in supply chain"
- 07/19/2018 Wireless smart farming to keep frost away from citrus