Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Uruguay: Puro Jugo, bag in a box, a new 100% natural apple juicePuro Jugo is a new way for Uruguayans to consume fruit. It is a way to make them see that they can consume healthy and tasty food in a very convenient manner, by just pressing a button and serving it in a glass. This new product of the Moizo Fruit company is being marketed in the innovative Bag in Box system, a format that allows the company to better preserve the beneficial qualities of the juice, without altering its flavor, and to store it for up to a month after having opened it.
The company, which is working to launch new varieties, currently 3 apple varieties: the delicious variety, the granny smith variety, and a mix of the previous two varieties. According to Andres Moizo, one of the people in charge of the company, "many elderly people and those with diabetes problems consume green apples because they contain a lower degree of natural sugar. Meanwhile, children prefer the Red Delicious for its sweetness. We are also working on a pear juice, but this will be marketed later."
The consumers' response has been very good because Uruguay only used to sell nectars and concentrates. As a result, Moizo said, "when people try our juices they tell us that they taste like real apples. Our juices are rich and healthy products, 100% natural and don’t have any type of additives, not even water. We only crush the fruit, press it, pasteurize it and package it. That's why people's response has been so good. They are thrilled by its great taste and quality.”
“The bag in box is a very comfortable and innovative format. It allows children to serve their own juice themselves. It also maintains the properties of the apple. Puro Jugo is the second factory in Latin America to produce under this system. "Three years ago we met some Austrian teams for the production of natural juices packed in bag in box, which is something we always wanted to do, but Uruguay’s market is small and the production is carried out families, so it wasn’t easy. This machinery allowed us to make a good juice with Uruguay’s excellent fruit, that's why we decided to embark on this project," he added.
At the moment, Puro Jugo will not be exported outside of Uruguay. However, Andres Moizo said, "we have already had clients from neighboring countries such as Brazil who have bought boxes and taken them away. Our goal is not to export, we are a family company of small producers and we want to give a quality product in our country. That being said, we don’t rule out exporting in the future.”
This family business produces fruits and vegetables and is in charge of the complete cycle of juice making, as their business structures includes Moizo Hermanos nurseries, where they produce the fruits; Moizo Fruit, which is their production and packaging company, and Puro Jugo, where they process the fruits to make juice.
For more information:Andrés Moizo
T: +598 99 758 605
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: