Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Pineapple export volume fell drastically, but its value went up
In 2017 Peru exported a much lower volume of pineapples than in than 2016, but a much higher value.
According to the Agrodata Peru website, between January and November of last year, Peru exported 66,341 kilos of fruit for a value of US $268,228, while in 2016 it exported 102,877 kilos for US $138,121.
Itís still necessary to compute the exports done in December of 2017, but itís practically impossible to reach the levels of achieved in the previous year. In addition, the value achieved will continue to increase.
According to the same source, the main destination for Peruís pineapples was Germany, which received 81% of all shipments. It was followed by Chile (15%), Spain (1%), and several other destinations that together account for 3% of exports.
The main export companies were Greenbox SAC, with placements for US $215,000, Bio Frutos SAC (US $25,000), RTE Fresh SAC (US $14,000), and Catalana Trading SAC (US $12,000), among others.
Publication date: 1/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: