Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- Canada: Big data means big returns for farmers British Columbia
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Pineapple export volume fell drastically, but its value went up
In 2017 Peru exported a much lower volume of pineapples than in than 2016, but a much higher value.
According to the Agrodata Peru website, between January and November of last year, Peru exported 66,341 kilos of fruit for a value of US $268,228, while in 2016 it exported 102,877 kilos for US $138,121.
It’s still necessary to compute the exports done in December of 2017, but it’s practically impossible to reach the levels of achieved in the previous year. In addition, the value achieved will continue to increase.
According to the same source, the main destination for Peru’s pineapples was Germany, which received 81% of all shipments. It was followed by Chile (15%), Spain (1%), and several other destinations that together account for 3% of exports.
The main export companies were Greenbox SAC, with placements for US $215,000, Bio Frutos SAC (US $25,000), RTE Fresh SAC (US $14,000), and Catalana Trading SAC (US $12,000), among others.
Publication date: 1/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: