Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
To raise funds for Brighter Bites
Viva Fresh Produce Expo announces 2018 Golf Tournament
The Fourth annual Viva Fresh Open will be held at the JW Marriott Hill Country Resort’s renowned TPC golf course on Thursday, April 5 and will launch the 2018 Viva Fresh Expo. Presented by Bebo Distributing, Inc. and Wonderful Citrus, this year’s tournament will raise funds for the Brighter Bites organization.
“The Viva Fresh Open provides the perfect opportunity for Expo participants to reconnect with friends and make new contacts, while supporting a worthwhile cause,” stated Ed Bertaud, Director of Retail Sales for IFCO, Expo Steering Committee Member and Tournament Chair. “Promoting the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables has been a driving force of this event since its inception”.
According to Bertaud, the proceeds of this year’s event will be used to assist Brighter Bites’ efforts to provide over 5 million pounds of produce to 20,000 families. Additionally, these efforts will go towards funding 100,000 nutrition-related education materials at over 100 elementary schools across Texas. In 2017, the Viva Fresh Open raised $22,400 for Salad Bars to Schools in conjunction with National Fruit and Vegetable Alliance and United Fresh.
“From the beginning, giving back to the community has been a key priority for the Viva Fresh Expo,” remarked Dante Galeazzi, President and CEO of the Texas International Produce Association. “This year, our partnership with Brighter Bites will bring the Viva Fresh message to families across Texas. Their program, which aims at expanding the understanding of nutrition and its importance at a young age, is in-line with the mission for our show”.
The Viva Fresh Open will be held at JW Marriott’s AT&T Canyons Course, a par-72 golf course designed by Pete Dye in San Antonio and has played host to the PGA Tour. Registration includes entrance to the tournament and an awards reception where the first and second place teams will be recognized.
After the golf tournament award ceremony concludes at 6:30pm, players and other expo attendees are invited to join the 19th Hole Celebration at the JW Marriot Resort for live music, food and beverages.
For more information:
Texas International Produce Association
Publication date: 1/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: