Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Coming up to the Chinese New Year:
Malaysian pomelo grower predicts shortageGo Chin Pomelo Nature Park owner Chin Too Kam warns consumers to be aware of a possible pomelo shortage for the coming holidays. “Now is the time to buy pomelo as the fruit can be kept for up to one month, so until the Chinese New Year,” he said
Pomelo lovers who prefer the sweet-and-sour variety are advised to act fast. This variety only forms some 10 percent of current supplies heading into the peak Chinese New Year period next month.
Speaking to the Malay Mail, Chin added that health-conscious consumers nowadays prefer the sweet-and-sour variant due to its lower sugar content. “I do not want to end up disappointing my customers. If any of them want the sweet-and-sour fruit, I advised them to come to my farm to get it,” he said.
Publication date: 1/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: