Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Joint venture to provide superior blueberry varietiesMigiva Group and OZblu, announced today that they, have signed a joint venture agreement combining their skills and strengths to form OZblu America which will bring to market a superior blueberry consumer experience through the production and delivery of exclusive patented varieties that offer nuanced flavors of sweeter, juicier, and crunchier blueberries.
Through this agreement for South, Central and North America, OZblu America will have rights to grow, sell and market the fruit coming from varieties developed by Dave and Leasa Mazzardis and marketed under the OZblu brand. The joint venture will implement a vertically integrated model and ramp up the pace to bring the hugely successful OZblu varieties which include “OZ Magnifica”, “OZ Bella”, “OZ Bonita”, “OZ Julieta” and “OZ Magica” to the market place.
Furthermore, the venture will speed up the delivery of the much-anticipated next generation OZblu blueberries, which are even firmer and crunchier and most importantly, have great flavor, delivering an unparalleled and consistent blueberry eating experience to end consumers. “This is good news for the entire blueberry category. We strongly believe that if the whole blueberry industry can elevate the consumer eating experience with new varieties of this superfood, it will lead to a transformative uplift and broader consumption for the entire blueberry industry and drive future growth”, explains Roger Horak, Global CEO and Founder of United Exports and co-founder of OZblu, which is currently one of the largest producers of blueberries in South Africa and Australia.
“Too often customers will buy blueberries and be disappointed with them. We have worked hard to create and develop blueberries that are firm, sweet and crunchy, which is how they should taste”, says Dave Mazzardis, the breeder of the OZblu varieties.
“Migiva Group’s innovative spirit and focus on delivering a superior consumer experience through specialty varieties and best farming practices, and OZblu’s outstanding consumer oriented blueberry breeding program provide a perfect match. Our partnership will bring to market blueberries of unparalleled quality and flavor, consistently year-round” explains Jonathan Geller of Migiva Group.
With OZBlu’s superior blueberry breeding programme it made sense to find the right partner to develop the potential growth and supply of these exceptional blueberries. OZ America's new blueberries will ‘burst’ into the global market as the preferred and consistent supplier of this favoured superfood, explains Jorge Pacheco, United Exports Commercial Director for The Americas.
Details of the joint venture were not provided.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: