Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Very low prices worry Nepalese ginger growersThough this is the peak season for Nepalese ginger, local growers are not getting good prices at the moment. Farmers are worried as they were failing to sell the ginger, even at lowered prices. Traders are unwilling to buy their products even at 20 rupees (0.26 euros) per kilogram.
The price of 1 kg of ginger was 100 rupees (1.30 euros) on the Indian market last year. Grower Thakur Man Limbu is one of the farmers upset with the fall in prices. He had earned 1.5 million rupees (19,350 euros) by selling the ginger last year. He added that about 300 households are badly affected by the fall of ginger prices in the district.
According to myrepublica.com, the District Agriculture Development Office reported that ginger from some 250 hectares of land in the district -amounting to 3,512 tons- was exported to India last year.
Publication date: 1/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: