Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Very low prices worry Nepalese ginger growersThough this is the peak season for Nepalese ginger, local growers are not getting good prices at the moment. Farmers are worried as they were failing to sell the ginger, even at lowered prices. Traders are unwilling to buy their products even at 20 rupees (0.26 euros) per kilogram.
The price of 1 kg of ginger was 100 rupees (1.30 euros) on the Indian market last year. Grower Thakur Man Limbu is one of the farmers upset with the fall in prices. He had earned 1.5 million rupees (19,350 euros) by selling the ginger last year. He added that about 300 households are badly affected by the fall of ginger prices in the district.
According to myrepublica.com, the District Agriculture Development Office reported that ginger from some 250 hectares of land in the district -amounting to 3,512 tons- was exported to India last year.
Publication date: 1/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: