Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The new Smart Drier making vegetable production safer
There's a new development from the designers at Haith - the Smart Drier.
Most packing lines still use conventional roller drying tables to remove moisture from potatoes which consists of multiple rollers covered with sponge or felt to absorb the moisture. The down side of this is they do not remove all the water and over time they build up with bacteria which cannot be removed easily this can then lead to premature breakdown of the potatoes when packed.
The Smart Drier has a bed of stainless steel rollers and inside each roller is an independent heating element which can take the roller surface temperature up to 100ºC.
Each roller is connected to the control system to allow the temperature in any one roller to be set individually as required. The heat can then be gradually reduced as the potatoes move along the rollers allowing you to determine how dry you want the tuber.
As the rollers are stainless steel the machine can be sanitized and there is no risk of bacteria transfer to the vegetables. The drier has a cleaning device to automatically remove potatoes if the roller stop for any reason.
For more information: www.haith.co.uk
Publication date: 1/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: