Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Sinaloa mango pack-house opens for the season
- 45 double ripening chambers in new Lidl Moerdijk distribution centre
- TAPKIT: 500m2 self-assembly hydroponic greenhouse
- Chilean Hortifrut interested in buying the largest Peruvian producer of blueberries
- “We provide remote, in-transit corrective actions to containerized shipments”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: Windows shattered at De Ruiter Experience CenterA strong local whirlwind during a severe winter storm in the Netherlands on January 3, caused several glass windows of the new De Ruiter Experience Center to break. "After careful consideration of the damage, and the time needed to remove all the glass particles from the glasshouse, we have decided to postpone the opening of the De Ruiter Experience Center which was scheduled on February 1, 2018 to a new date (to be confirmed)."
On January 3rd, several growers in the region were faced with a local whirlwind, resulting in several glasshouses in the neighbourhood being damaged, the De Ruiter Experience Center being one of them. Quite a pity for the De Ruiter team since the greenhouse was built only last year and is equipped with a extensive range of measurements systems, since data collection plays a big roll in the Experience Center.
But there's also a bright side on all of this. "Because of the safety glass used for the construction, the damage to the De Ruiter Experience Center has been kept to a minimum. Most repairs have already been made and data collection continues. Our team is working around the clock to make sure everything will be ready soon."
"We regret to have to postpone this launch, for which many people have worked hard. But we want to make sure we provide our guests, customers and stakeholders with the best possible experience when visiting our state-of-the-art demo-glasshouse. And taking our safety standards into account, rescheduling the opening day is the best option."
A new opening date will be communicated as soon as possible.
De Ruiter Seeds
telephone +31 6 21 34 76 61
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: