Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Saving money by adopting the right software
IT at the service of agriculture to manage the entire chain. There are many platforms offering this service and GIAS Fresh&Food is among the most reliable. It is supplied by Agronica, a company with over 20 years of experience in the sector.
"Our tool can manage the entire chain from production to sales. It's easy to use and can adapt to different needs, so both small businesses and large POs can use it," explains Valerio Raggi.
All direct technical management activities must be computerised, as well as those connected with primary production along the entire cycle of a product, such as: crop register/plan management, logbook management, plant protection product and specification databank, company resource and production cost management, cartographic module - GIS/GPS.
Serena Tisselli, Fabrizio Paglierani, Stefano Renzi and Valerio Raggi at Macfrut
The GIAS platform bases the management of company data on an articulated complete register that makes it possible to organise the data according to regulatory and agronomic needs. The register manages all changes and evolutions without losing the compatibility with crop, system and collection activities carried out in previous years. For cooperatives and POs, a detailed management of the register, partners and production data makes monitoring and accounting easier.
The second phase concerns incoming products through collection or purchase management, qualification, sampling and entry.
"Companies often get in touch because they have systems that manage only one or two phases. We can provide a tool that is easy to use and implement and that can be adapted to company needs."
The third phase is product processing, internal logistics and packaging. By studying these phases in detail, companies can often improve their efficiency and reduce costs. GIAS enables the identification of what doesn't work so as to improve productivity.
The last phase is accounting, administration and commercial management, which has been developed with the specific needs of companies operating in the fresh produce sector in mind.
Agronica Group srl
Via Calcinaro 2085
47023 Cesena (FC)
Tel.: (+39) 0547 632933
Fax: (+39) 0547 632950
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: