Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Having handled 2.84 million TEUs in 2017
Port of Virginia: new annual volume recordThe Port of Virginia has set a new annual record for container cargo volume, with more than 2.84 million twenty-foot equivalent units -or TEUs-: a 7 percent increase over last year’s total.
“In 2017, we moved 185,000 more TEUs than we did in 2016, which until now, was our highest volume year on record,” said John F. Reinhart, CEO and executive director of the Virginia Port Authority.
The number of ships calling Virginia dropped by 9 percent in 2017. Fewer ships, but bigger in size with increasing cargo loads is a trend that was expected and one that will continue, Reinhart said.
In a recent article ajot.com reported that, in October 2017, Virginia joined a pilot designed to import fresh fruit to US East Coast ports from South America. The pilot allows entry of in-transit, cold-treated containers of agricultural products from Peru, Uruguay and Argentina
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: