Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Having handled 2.84 million TEUs in 2017
Port of Virginia: new annual volume recordThe Port of Virginia has set a new annual record for container cargo volume, with more than 2.84 million twenty-foot equivalent units -or TEUs-: a 7 percent increase over last year’s total.
“In 2017, we moved 185,000 more TEUs than we did in 2016, which until now, was our highest volume year on record,” said John F. Reinhart, CEO and executive director of the Virginia Port Authority.
The number of ships calling Virginia dropped by 9 percent in 2017. Fewer ships, but bigger in size with increasing cargo loads is a trend that was expected and one that will continue, Reinhart said.
In a recent article ajot.com reported that, in October 2017, Virginia joined a pilot designed to import fresh fruit to US East Coast ports from South America. The pilot allows entry of in-transit, cold-treated containers of agricultural products from Peru, Uruguay and Argentina
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: