Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Rwanda urges Ghana to ban SA food imports
Ghana: Foodstuffs from South Africa under scrutinyThe Ghanaian Ministry of Health says following an outbreak of a food-based disease in South Africa, foodstuffs from that country have been put under scrutiny. Dairy products, fruits and vegetables coming from South Africa into Ghana are being monitored.
Listeriosis is a form of food poisoning caused by eating food contaminated with Listeria Monocytogenes. The disease primarily causes infections of the central nervous system (meningitis, meningoencephalitis, brain abscess, cerebritis) and bacteremia in those who are immunocompromised, pregnant women, very young or very old.
However, ghanaweb reported the Ministry saying: “There is no cause for alarm and we shall continue to monitor, investigate and assess the quality of plant and animal products coming from South Africa.”
Meanwhile Rwanda urges Ghana to ban food imports from South Africa altogether. Rwanda has already placed a ban on said food products from South Africa to avoid a spread of the disease. The Republic of Rwanda had already announced its own ban on the 19th of December 2017.
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: