Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Rwanda urges Ghana to ban SA food imports
Ghana: Foodstuffs from South Africa under scrutinyThe Ghanaian Ministry of Health says following an outbreak of a food-based disease in South Africa, foodstuffs from that country have been put under scrutiny. Dairy products, fruits and vegetables coming from South Africa into Ghana are being monitored.
Listeriosis is a form of food poisoning caused by eating food contaminated with Listeria Monocytogenes. The disease primarily causes infections of the central nervous system (meningitis, meningoencephalitis, brain abscess, cerebritis) and bacteremia in those who are immunocompromised, pregnant women, very young or very old.
However, ghanaweb reported the Ministry saying: “There is no cause for alarm and we shall continue to monitor, investigate and assess the quality of plant and animal products coming from South Africa.”
Meanwhile Rwanda urges Ghana to ban food imports from South Africa altogether. Rwanda has already placed a ban on said food products from South Africa to avoid a spread of the disease. The Republic of Rwanda had already announced its own ban on the 19th of December 2017.
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: