Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Working on sustainable agri-processing business in IndiaFrom the start, Uttarakhand's industrial policy has been to ensure fast, stable and sustainable industrial development in the state. Economic growth of local mountainous and hill areas was the primary target of industrial policy.
There are many factors influencing the slow economic growth of Uttarakhand. A slow industrial growth is among them, as the major factor. However, the geographical features and agri-economic conditions of the state are such that development of agri-processing units can have really effectively enhance economic growth of the state.
This is because in Uttarakhand -according to an eurasiareview.com article, fruit crops such as peach, pear and khumani are cultivated (on land unsuitable for cultivation of crops like sugarcane and food grain). Horticultural crops, floriculture crops, medicinal, aromatic plants and off-season vegetables are also found in Uttarakhand. So in general there are more than adequate amounts of raw materials available to profitably run agri-processing units in the state.
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: