Job offersmore »
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Onion prices rise marginally in key Indian citiesDuring the last week, onion prices have risen marginally in key Indian cities due to an estimated smaller 2017-18 crop and a current slowdown in market supply. However, senior government officials say authorities are keeping a watch on traders.
Indian production of onions is expected to decline by 4.5% to 21.4 million tonnes in 2017-18 against the previous year’s 22.4 million tonne, according to estimates of the Ministry for Agriculture.
The hindustantimes.com was told that overall, the output of horticulture crops — vegetables and fruits — is forecast to go up to a record 305.4 million tonnes in 2017-18, 1.6% higher than the previous year. Potato production will likely be 49.3 million tonnes and tomato output is also estimated to be up 7.7%, at 22.3 million tonnes However, the onion output is set to drop.
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: