Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mechanical pre pruning has interesting cost results in kakis and citrus
Using mechanical tools for certain cultural tasks, both in kaki and citrus, is one of the challenges that farmer must face. Pruning tasks, particularly, represent a high proportion of the cost of cultivating a fruit tree. Pruning and phytosanitary treatments are the most expensive parts of growing crops.
Disco pre pruner
The mechanization of pruning tasks, which has been developed in the USA since the 1950s, is a novelty in our partners' farms. This mechanized system has been slowly introduced in the Valencia Community because of the limitations in the size of the exploitations and the custom of carrying out these tasks manually.
One of the challenges of the citrus and fruit sectors is to reduce production costs in the field. The high cost of labor is forcing producer to perform certain cultural tasks, including pruning, crushing, and phytosanitary treatments, in a mechanized way.
The disco pre pruner is an articulated arm that normally has five discs. This arm can be placed in any position by a hydraulic drive in the tractor. Once the arm is located, a pump connected to the tractor's PTO rotates the steel discs, which have embedded diamonds that allow them to cut all the branches in their path.
COPAL is carrying out pre pruning tasks in kaki and citrus fruits, with interesting costs for its members. The mechanical work allows producers achieve a significant reduction in pruning and labor costs.
The machine requires that the fields where it's going to be used meet certain requirements, as the machine needs space to move. As a general rule of thumb, the machine can pass in the same space needed by a turbo.
COPAL makes this service available to all its members. For more information, please stop by our Crop Service offices.
Address: C/ Copal, 1. 46680 Algemesí (Valencia – España)
Tel: +34 96 248 05 00
Fax: +34 96 248 44 21
Fax: +34 96 248 44 21
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: