Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
East Africa anticipates benefits from Kenya - US direct flightsOfficials from governments in East Africa and aviation companies operating in the region have reacted enthusiastically to the fact that Kenya’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) has achieved Category One status. This means there will now be direct flights between Kenya and the US. This development will most likely enhance trade, tourism and general customer satisfaction.
The US Federal Aviation Administration granted Nairobi the top status after carrying out a series of assessment audits in the country.
“Getting the Category One status for us is a major milestone in the growth and development of civil aviation in Kenya, East Africa and rest of Africa,” Kenya’s transport minister James Macharia told africanews.com.
In Africa, before only Morocco, Cape Verde, Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria, Ethiopia, and South Africa had direct flights to the US. Direct flights to the US will significantly reduce the time taken to move cargo between the US and East Africa; from seven days to as little as a day.
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: