- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- Argentina: Jujuy will produce colored strawberries
- Obeikan MDF takes its tenth anniversary celebrations to Madrid
- ''Great development potential for novel lettuce variety Chicarita''
- WAPA: Slightly decreased Prognosfruit forecast for European apple and pear
- “Belgian greenhouse vegetables are gradually getting more competition from the South”
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Hass avocados exports from Colombia to the United States will continue
Colombia: 20% increase in total export of Hass avocados in 2018
During the month of January, exports shall begin from a farm in the department of Antioquia, which has been approved and continues under surveillance until the end of the harvest as established in the Work Plan signed with the USDA (U.S Department of agriculture).
Currently, ICA is working with 33 Hass avocado production sites including buffer areas, which, after complying with requirements, will be authorized to export to the United States.
According to the Work Plan, both health authorities jointly determine which farms are temporarily not allowed to export as well as when they will be approved, once the pest is eradicated at the production site.
Currently there are several farms or production sites that are already pest-free, according to the official surveillance program carried out by ICA. There is still some work to be done to eradicate the pest in buffer areas, once this is finalized these farms will be approved for exports to the United States.
The future for Colombia´s exports of Hass avocados to the United States is very promising and ICA, as well as other government entities such as the Presidency of Colombia, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the Ministry of Commerce, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, ProColombia and PTP are fully committed to this.
According to Luis Humberto Martínez Lacouture (ICA Director), the forecast for 2017 exports to different countries is 26,000 - 27,000 tons, for an estimated value of 50 million dollars. The forecast for 2018 is a 20% increase in the total exports of Hass avocados from Colombia to Europe and North America.
For more information:
Juan Camilo Barrera
Agribusiness Executive Director
+1 (305) 374 3144 Ext. 66154
Miami, Estados Unidos
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 Peru exported more avos and mangoes in first eight months than in all of last year
- 10/17/2018 Peru: Important recovery of pineapple exports
- 10/17/2018 USDA appoints new board members to the National Mango Board
- 10/16/2018 Spain: Mangoes from July to December if the right varieties are planted
- 10/16/2018 Two new varieties in the EAT ME fresh kit range
- 10/12/2018 PapaMango, the Sicilian mango
- 10/12/2018 Bali: Ready to export dragon fruits
- 10/11/2018 ‘Avo prices have hit their peak, supply continues to skyrocket’
- 10/11/2018 Greece: “Our aim is to double our kiwi capacity”
- 10/10/2018 Turkey: Grower in Antalya switches from tomato and pepper to dragon fruit
- 10/10/2018 Vietnamese farmers victims of dragon fruit price drop
- 10/10/2018 Mexico: Mango exports to the US decline due to the rains
- 10/10/2018 Which demographics differentiate Hispanic avocado shoppers from Non-Hispanics?
- 10/09/2018 Chapaya - palm fruit with a meaty edge
- 10/09/2018 AU: Papaya growers experiencing record crop this spring
- 10/08/2018 Vietnam’s Central Highlands encouraged to expand avocado farming
- 10/05/2018 "Currently not much money to be made with pineapples and limes"
- 10/05/2018 Colombia: Hass avocados, Limes, and pineapples for Peru
- 10/05/2018 Thailand: New Zealand avocado season takes off
- 10/05/2018 Avanza to debut in China