Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New supermarket quality assurance scheme
Frustrated Australian growers threaten a boycottWith the implementation of the Harmonised Australian Retailer Produce Scheme (HARPS), a streamlined process for selling to multiple supermarket retailers should have been realised.
In fact, the process has been anything but harmonious; small to medium-sized family farming operations are reporting they have been pushed to the brink by unnecessary red tape and extra costs.
Some of the requirements (such as wearing beard nets, banning Stanley knives and even instructing workers not to bring peanut butter sandwiches for lunch) prompted some growers to threaten to boycott HARPS if changes were not made.
According to an www.abc.net.au article, Tristan Kitchner, who headed up the project team, said the industry and major retailers were willing to work with growers to find a way forward but it was important to not lose sight of the benefits. "It's about a culturally embedded process within the business whereby food safety flows through every aspect of the business.
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: