Job offersmore »
- VP Sales and Marketing - Warsaw
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mandarins are Turkey’s most exported citrus fruitMandarins ranked first in the list of Turkey's most exported citrus fruits during the current season, with a total return of 267.6 million dollars.
Turkey exported about 550,000 tonnes of mandarins between 21 September and December 2017.
"Mandarins have ranked first in the ranking of Turkey's most exported citrus fruits, while lemon exports have totalled 240.4 thousand tonnes, with a return of 164.6 million US dollars," said Kamal Kashmaz, chairman of the National Council for the export of citrus.
Kashmaz noted that Russia was the biggest importer of Turkish citrus fruits in 2017, with a total of 441,000 tonnes, followed by Ukraine, with a total of 112,000 tonnes. Saudi Arabia came in third place with a total of 43,000 tonnes.
Kashmaz also stressed that the goal is for citrus fruit exports to continue to grow in 2018 and exceed the figures achieved in 2017.
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: