Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Namibia bans food import from ZambiaAs a result of the cholera outbreak in neighbouring Zambia -where 66 lives were already lost- the Namibian government has put a provisional ban on the import of all perishable foodstuffs, fruits, unprocessed food and water until further notice.
The ban came into effect on Monday January 8 and is necessitated by attempts to help contain the current wave of the cholera epidemic in Zambia.
According to an allafrica.com article, many Namibians in the eastern Zambezi Region buy -sometimes illegally - maize flour and fruits such as mangoes from Zambia. Health officers from the Namibian ministry of health held an emergency meeting at the Wenela border post yesterday to inform border officials that no food items should be allowed into Namibia from Zambia.
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: