Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
- "New melon programmes from Honduras are a nice addition"
- World Vegetable Map 2018: More than just a local affair
- Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
- An Australian first, blood oranges processed for Sicilian customers
- Mexico: Avocados from Jalisco will enter the US, regardless of what happens to the NAFTA
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Namibia bans food import from ZambiaAs a result of the cholera outbreak in neighbouring Zambia -where 66 lives were already lost- the Namibian government has put a provisional ban on the import of all perishable foodstuffs, fruits, unprocessed food and water until further notice.
The ban came into effect on Monday January 8 and is necessitated by attempts to help contain the current wave of the cholera epidemic in Zambia.
According to an allafrica.com article, many Namibians in the eastern Zambezi Region buy -sometimes illegally - maize flour and fruits such as mangoes from Zambia. Health officers from the Namibian ministry of health held an emergency meeting at the Wenela border post yesterday to inform border officials that no food items should be allowed into Namibia from Zambia.
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: