Job offersmore »
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Spain: Sentinel II optical sorting machine debuts on television
- Spain: Organic food consumption continues to grow
- Foreign trade characterized by banking measures and import regulation
- It’s Fresh! secures $10 million investment from AgroFresh
- Firms announce deeper collaboration on M&A's in produce sector
Exchange ratesmore »
120 tonnes of Indian Nagpur oranges to be exported to Dubai“Last year, the Orange Growers’ Association of the Wardha district sent their citrus fruits to Dubai, where it became very popular,” said Sridhar Thakare, Director of the Maha Orange Project at Karanja in the Wardha district. Before that, the people in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh had already enjoyed the delicious Nagpur oranges.
Now, cultivators in the Wardha-Nagpur orange belt will again gain some valuable experience as 120 tonnes of Nagpur oranges will be exported to Dubai by sea.
While talking to The Hitavada, Thakare said that, with progressive measures, the support from the orange growers and guidance from Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, the export of oranges would come to reality.
Presently it can be quite difficult for the farmers to get a good price for their produce. Oranges are sold for 30,000 to 35,000 rupees (400-460 euros) per tonne nationally, whereas the foreign market can yield prices of 45,000 to 50,000 rupees (590-660 euros) per tonne.
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: