- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Procurement manager-buyer
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
- "We are about to import asparagus from Melbourne, Australia"
- Sibari plain clementines will be available soon
- China: Large number of kiwifruits on the market nationwide
- “More and more demand for prickly pears, but year-round supply is the biggest challenge”
- Panama: Certification of pineapples to China - a work in progress
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Thai fruits and vegetables to flood Vietnamese market
In 2017, Vietnam imported over 1.55 billion USD worth of fruits and vegetables, with Thai products accounting for a lion’s share of the sum. Thailand’s fruits and vegetables have a secure foothold in Vietnam and are currently taking up more shares in the market.
According to an en.vietnamplus.vn article, a number of Thai fruits such as durian, purple mangosteen and rambutan are also grown in Vietnam but still gain favour from local consumers. Thai fruits and vegetables have more stable and year-round supply compared to their Vietnamese peers. On top of that, the Vietnamese products are said to have shortcomings in the post-harvest preservation process and packaging, making them less attractive to domestic consumers.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/23/2018 Imported gulupa about to hit peak
- 10/23/2018 Spain: "Asturian kiwifruit ends up in Bilbao, Barcelona or Madrid"
- 10/23/2018 Julie, East Indian & other Jamaican mangoes to be exported to the US
- 10/23/2018 "It is time for the avocado market to pick up again"
- 10/23/2018 California supplier now importing organic rambutan
- 10/22/2018 Purchase price of Chinese pomegranates slightly lower than last year
- 10/22/2018 “More and more demand for prickly pears, but year-round supply is the biggest challenge”
- 10/22/2018 China: Large number of kiwifruits on the market nationwide
- 10/22/2018 Pomegranates from Azerbaijan allowed into EU
- 10/22/2018 Indonesia: First exports of pineapples and bananas to Singapore
- 10/22/2018 Sri Lanka contemplates future restrictions on fruit imports
- 10/22/2018 New dairy-free ice cream - made with persimmon
- 10/19/2018 Spain: Sale of stolen unripe avocados reported
- 10/19/2018 Philippines: Stronger promotion of indigenous exotic fruits
- 10/19/2018 Slower kiwi campaign compared to last year
- 10/19/2018 "Positive future for export of yellow passion fruit concentrated juice"
- 10/19/2018 India: Geographical Indication tag for Shahi litchi
- 10/19/2018 India urges US to lift ban on pomegranate arils import
- 10/19/2018 Australia: ‘extra flavoursome’ mango season
- 10/18/2018 Turkish producers switching from tomatoes and peppers to pitaya