Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Michel Schrijnemaekers, Fruitveiling Zuid-Limburg:
"Apple stocks shrinking fast"The apple season at Fruitveiling Zuid-Limburg in the Netherlands is well underway. "This year we have less than half the usual amount available, so our stock is shrinking fast. We already have no Boskoop or Wellant and the Elstar are also selling fast. I expect that we will be all out of Elstar within about six weeks. We still have some Golden, Junami and Jonagold, but we will not make it to the new season with these. There will definitely be a gap", says Michel Schrijnemaekers, director at this cooperative.
"Apple sales are going relatively well. In some instances, the larger apples, in particular, have shorter shelf lives. These will also sell thanks to these prices", expects Michel. "Good quality Elstars are priced between EUR1 and EUR1,30; nice Jonagold apples are selling for EUR1 and the Goldens are going at EUR0,80."
"Pears are also not selling too badly. The sales of the smaller sizes are lagging behind, as expected. We have enough pears; even more than last year when many of the growers had hail damage. The pears are of top quality ones and Conferences are selling at between EUR0,70 and EUR0,80."
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: