Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
- "New melon programmes from Honduras are a nice addition"
- World Vegetable Map 2018: More than just a local affair
- Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
- An Australian first, blood oranges processed for Sicilian customers
- Mexico: Avocados from Jalisco will enter the US, regardless of what happens to the NAFTA
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dole won't become a listed company after allLess than a week after negotiations about the American company's takeover by the Belgian company, Greenyard, ran aground, the Dole Food Company has put its plans for an Initial Public Offering (IPO) on hold. In a document filed at the Securities and Exchange Commission, the plans for this IPO, that were announced in April, were withdrawn. This is according to various media sources.
In April 2017, the first steps toward listing on the stock exchange were taken. It was estimated that this IPO would bring in about $400 million. On 31 March 2017, Dole reported a turnover of $4,5 billion for the previous 12 months.
After this initial announcement, things were quiet until December. It was then leaked that Dole was in talks with Greenyard over a possible takeover. Last week, Hein Deprez, Greenyard's majority shareholder, made it known that these negotiations had failed.
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: