Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- “Europe is literally waiting for every lemon”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
San Lucar rings the changes in 2018There are many changes afoot at SanLucar: Michael Brinkmann, previously CEO International, starts as CEO of the entire SanLucar Group, as announced last December. Stephan Rötzer, founder and owner of the premium brand for fruit and vegetables, concentrates on the further development of the brand and products. The redistribution of tasks is accompanied by the move to a new and modern office building in Valencia, Spain, at the headquarters of the international company.
“SanLucar has grown so much that the new building was necessary to ensure sufficient space and a pleasant working atmosphere for our employees," says Michael Brinkmann. “Taste in harmony with people and nature - that is our corporate philosophy. Therefore, it was important for us to have a building whose concept and design are based on sustainability and energy efficiency criteria."
Wood, plants and sunlight play an important role in the design of the three-floor building. Valencian ceramics, used both in the facade and in the floor, underline the bond with the region. Vertical gardens with more than 30 varieties of plants cover the walls of the new offices on an area of 300 square meters. Small fruit trees arranged in rows replicate an orchard in the entrance hall, as an homage to the company’s activity in agriculture.
Automated horizontal and vertical slats on the outer structure allow optimal use of daylight, so that little additional lighting is required. Solar panels heating up the water and LED lights also contribute to economical energy consumption. A parking area is available for electric vehicles.
Picture © Luis Casals
The new office building has 3,600 square meters and offers up to 250 workplaces. The design by Sanahuja & Partners is part of a two-phase project: In addition to the new building, SanLucar's former offices will be renovated in an adjoining building to combine the two areas into a single office complex.
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: