Job offersmore »
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dutch potatoes are selling well in Africa
In 2017, a large number of Dutch industry and consumption potatoes were exported to Africa. In November, this already amounted to 73,585 tonnes. In 2016, only 64,212 tonnes of Dutch potatoes were sold on the African continent up to November, according tot the Dutch Potato Organisation.
The largest African buyer of Dutch potatoes is Senegal. In 2016, the Senegalese bought 29,892 tonnes; in November 2017, this was almost 38,000 tonnes. Gambia, Mauritania and Togo also imported many more Dutch potatoes in 2017 compared to 2016.
Globally, the Dutch potato branch exported nearly 313,000 tonnes up to November 2017.
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: