Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Dutch potatoes are selling well in Africa
In 2017, a large number of Dutch industry and consumption potatoes were exported to Africa. In November, this already amounted to 73,585 tonnes. In 2016, only 64,212 tonnes of Dutch potatoes were sold on the African continent up to November, according tot the Dutch Potato Organisation.
The largest African buyer of Dutch potatoes is Senegal. In 2016, the Senegalese bought 29,892 tonnes; in November 2017, this was almost 38,000 tonnes. Gambia, Mauritania and Togo also imported many more Dutch potatoes in 2017 compared to 2016.
Globally, the Dutch potato branch exported nearly 313,000 tonnes up to November 2017.
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: