Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dominican Republic: A mite reduces the production of coconuts
A mite has significantly affected the production of coconuts in the Dominican Republic, to the point that production has decreased by half in some areas, stated the president of the National Association of Agricultural Professionals (ANPA), Danilo Severino.
According to Severino, in recent months, coconut production has declined considerably in several provinces, such as Samana and Maria Trinidad Sanchez, because of this plague.
He also said that an area that used to produce 50,000 units was now producing 15,000 to 18,000 units.
According to the director of the ANPA, the Ministry of Agriculture hasn't paid enough attention to this situation, which is why he requested President Danilo Medina intervene so that they can "take precise and timely measures to increase the quality and production of coconuts, so that the country can become a potential exporter of this crop."
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: