Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dominican Republic: A mite reduces the production of coconuts
A mite has significantly affected the production of coconuts in the Dominican Republic, to the point that production has decreased by half in some areas, stated the president of the National Association of Agricultural Professionals (ANPA), Danilo Severino.
According to Severino, in recent months, coconut production has declined considerably in several provinces, such as Samana and Maria Trinidad Sanchez, because of this plague.
He also said that an area that used to produce 50,000 units was now producing 15,000 to 18,000 units.
According to the director of the ANPA, the Ministry of Agriculture hasn't paid enough attention to this situation, which is why he requested President Danilo Medina intervene so that they can "take precise and timely measures to increase the quality and production of coconuts, so that the country can become a potential exporter of this crop."
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: