Job offersmore »
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NC SweetPotato Commission to host sweet potato convention
The North Carolina SweetPotato Commission is pleased to announce that it will host the 56th Annual National Sweet Potato Convention for members of the US Sweet Potato Council, January 21-23, 2018. This event will be held in beautiful downtown Wilmington, along the Cape Fear River and within sight of the historic Battleship USS North Carolina. This three day event will include educational sessions, motivational speakers and production tips for growers of sweet potatoes across the country.
Guest speakers at this event include:
The Honorable Ray A. Starling - National Economic Council, Special Assistant to the President for Agriculture, Agricultural Trade and Food Assistance
The Honorable Thom Tillis - United States Senator, North Carolina
Jason Brown – Former St. Louis Rams linebacker shares his move from the NFL field…. to the farming field.
Dr. David Kohl - Premiere agricultural economist and educator whose personal involvement with agriculture and interaction with key industry players provide a unique perspective into the future trends of the agricultural industry and economy
Eric Snodgrass - Agrible, Inc. Senior Atmospheric Scientist and Co-Founder, Global Weather and Climate Logistics, LLC. Co-Founder, Director of Undergraduate Studies Department of Atmospheric Science University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Peterson Farm Brothers – These three brothers have become internet parody sensations while educating the general public on where their food comes from and what a real midwest family farm looks like!
As the Commission anticipates participation from 500-600 attendees from all across the United States, its goal is to provide relevant education and information for growers and industry leaders to take back to their respective home states, for the benefit of sweet potato growers.
For more information:
NC Sweet Potato Commission
+1 (919) 894-1067
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: